My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

See all blog posts How to Pull Off the All-Over Coral Makeup Look (Without Looking Clown-y)

I'm always on the hunt for a little bit of makeup inspiration, and I have to say, I was fairly surprised to find this image of actress Sanaa Lathan rocking the one trend I've been dying to try all summer (but slightly afraid to dive into). Behold:

0809-SanaaLathanCoralCheeks_bd.jpg
The Bold Coral Beauty Look.

I've always been enamored by the idea of coral makeup...but when it comes to actually wearing the shade I always get cold feet. Until now, I've never really seen any celebrities that I think rock the shades right. But, here it is all over Sanaa Lathan's pretty face looking totally on point.

Don't you just love how she even used a bit of the same shade from her cheeks on her eyes? This can be done by taking an eyeshadow brush, wetting the tip and dabbing it into your blush. Apply it right into the fold of your eye and blend. (Remember to keep your eyeshadow application pastel-lovely-light because if you apply it too heavy then it will come off a little clownish looking.) I also like how she accentuated her glossy lips with a coral lip liner--it's just a hint of the color that ties together the whole look without going too overboard. Plus, it helps eliminate the problem of trying to find a complementary shade to such a strong makeup look.

And, because I just know that you beauty gals are chompin' at the bit to test out this look (like I was--and trust me, it's not as scary as I'd thought!), here are some of the fab products that I recommend to try it:

What do you think of Sanaa's coral colored makeup look? Are you now tempted like me to test it out? Let me know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment