My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Monday, August 16, 2010

See all blog posts Ke$ha and the Glittery Makeup Guilty Pleasure Syndrome

It's safe to say that some celebs like Ke$ha have a "No Glitter Left Behind" policy when it's show time. Though I unfortunately can't use being a famous singer as an excuse, I can say that towards the end of college, I went through a serious glittery phase with makeup that could rival Ke$ha's. I recreated a shining example after the jump!

0816-kesha-glitter-beauty_bd.jpg

Like Ke$ha, I had a steadfast beauty relationship with my go-to glitter eye shadow for about a year: "Mightnight Cowboy" by Urban Decay. This eyeshadow ladies, was far from your subtle shimmer. After I applied it on, literal chunks of glitter fell onto my eyelashes and on my clothes (and even on my friends' clothes when I leaned in for a hug), but needless to say, I loved it. I thought I'd recreate the look from my glittery heyday so you can get an idea:
0816-christa-lee-glitter-eye-shadow_bd.jpg

And a close-up:
0816-christa-lee-glitter-eye-shadow-closed_bd.jpg
I should say in person, the eye makeup is a lot more crazy intense! At the time I thought I looked like a rockstar, but looking back, I wish someone would've told me that my disco-lids needed to be taken down a notch especially during the daytime. I not only wore glittery shadow to parties--where a look like this is probably most appropriate--but I wore it hanging out at the coffeehouse, sometimes left it on if I was headed to the gym and (cringe) I swiped it on before going to work as well!

Nowadays I settle on shimmer instead of my once-loved glittery beauty products since I feel like I'm getting to the age where glitter makeup is just a little too youthful.

What do you think about glittery beauty products whether it be lotion, eyeshadow, lipgloss, etc.? Leave it or love it? At what age should you stop using glittery makeup? Or is the look fine at any age as long as you use sparingly?

No comments:

Post a Comment