My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

See all blog posts Do or Don't: Matching Your Eyeshadow to Your Clothes

I hardly ever (purposely) coordinate my eye makeup to perfectly match my clothes. When it comes to eyeshadow, I find myself always sticking within the brown and pink families. (Kinda boring yes, but they flatter my skin tone the most! Since it has taken me so much experimenting to figure out what's right for me, I tend to stick with what works.) But when I saw how these three celeb beauties flawlessly coordinated their eyeshadow to their outfits, it got me digging through my makeup bag to see what other colors I have that I've never had the guts to use (yet!)

Jenna Ushkowitz from Glee (which yes, I'm counting down the days until it comes back) was recently very matchy-matchy with her gradient gray eyeshadow to her slinky silver dress:
0803-jenna-ushkowitz-eyeshadow_bd.jpg

Ashley Tisdale was seen syncing up her white dress with shimmery white eyeshadow on the lids and on the inner corners of her eyes:
0803-ashley-tisdale-eyeshadow_bd.jpg

Demi Lovato took it even one step further in the color coordination scheme and matched both pink and purple from her dress to her eyes!
0802-demi-lovato-eyeshadow_bd.jpg

Here's a closeup so you can really see what's going on. There's the purple around the perimeter of the eye and the pink shadow along the brow bone:
0803-demi-lovato-eyeshadow-closeup_bd.jpg

I feel like when it comes to the metallic eyeshadow tones like Jenna's, they're neutral enough so that even if they match with your clothing, it doesn't necessarily look like you're trying too hard. Demi's eye look is gorgeous for the red carpet, but I wonder if tried pulling this off in real life, if the stares from other people would be in awe or in shock! I once tried matching a teal eyeliner to a teal shirt, let's just say I reached for my eyemakeup remover at lightning speed.

Do you like color coordinating your make up to your clothes? If not, which colors do you tend to stick with? How do you feel about Jenna and Demi's looks above--yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment