My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Monday, July 26, 2010

See all blog posts Do or Don't: Trying the Whole Purple Lipstick Trend

Ok, who else is guilty of not jumping onto the whole "uber-bright lipsticks are cool again" band wagon? I'm totally a lip gloss lover, but earlier this year I was inspired to give lipsticks a try after noticing all the fun shades that beauty brands have put out there for all us beauty lovers. This recent photo of Keri Hilson rocking purple lipstick is what really sent me running to the nearest beauty counter though: look how amazing she looks!

0707-keri-hilson-purple-lip_bd.jpg
Alright, let's just jump right into this whole purple lipstick idea, shall we? You see the picture of Keri Hilson above, now check out how the lip color looks on me below. BTW, I look serious here because I was wanted to look as vampy as Keri does:

0707-purple-lips_bd.jpg

What do you think? I remember being afraid to apply too much pigment because I didn't want it to look all gothy. (Not that there's anything wrong with a dark lip I just tend to think that a it goes better with fall or winter and not the bright sunny days of summer.) I also admit that it did take me a while to actually leave my apartment wearing it, but it turned out not to be a bad idea! Granted, I didn't get hit on by any hot guys, but one woman on the train did compliment me on it and asked me what shade I was wearing. (By the way, it's called "Go For It" from the Alice + Olivia collection for MAC). Because purple is such a vibrant shade, I don't think that you should wear any other color on your face; otherwise it may look a little clownish for a day look. (I paired mine with a tinted moisturizer, black eye liner, mascara and a bit of bronzer on my cheeks.)

So, let's discuss: do you think purple lipstick is a beauty DO or a DON'T? Would you ever wear it? (Do you think I'm crazy for wearing it?!) And, if you're reading this going "Oh, Andrea, I wear purple lipstick all of the time!" then tell me what made you choose this shade and why you like it so much.

Still not convinced that purple lipstick is such a great idea? Check out these other celebs who have rocked it:
Rihanna Rocks Out With Two Shades of Purple Lip. You Love?
Four Lovely Ways To Wear The Purple Makeup Trend

No comments:

Post a Comment