My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wynonna Shows Off 60-Pound Weight Loss On 'Oprah'

The past few years haven't been easy for Wynonna Judd, to say the very least. In 2007, she weathered what for most would be an unthinkable scandal--the arrest of her husband, with subsequent conviction, for sexual battery of a minor. The demise of her marriage followed shortly after.

Most women would take years, if not the rest of their lives, to get over such a betrayal. But hey, that's just simply not the Wynonna we all know. The unstoppable country legend showed up with her mom, Naomi, on the Oprah Winfrey Show Tuesday--not only with her head held high, but a triumphant 60 pounds lighter.

Showing off her newly trim frame in a sleek black pantsuit, Wynonna explained to Oprah that she managed to lose the weight by using "meditative walking" as a coping mechanism.

"I just started walking in the wilderness, and screaming at God, 'why?'" She explained. "And I just kept walking--next thing I know, I like to walk."

The simple exercise paid off. "I don't look in the mirror now and say 'you suck,'" she told Oprah. "Let's just put it this way--I'm on fire. From head to toe," she quipped, referencing her trademark red hair.

Wynonna's slimmer figure isn't the only exciting new thing in her life. When asked by Oprah if she's dating anyone, the star answered emphatically, "yeah!" Smiling broadly at the resulting cheers from the audience, she noted, "I'm not going to say any more about it. Let's just say I have a pep in my step."

Personal troubles haven't been the only challenges Wynonna's faced with brute strength recently. In July, she was involved in a head-on car collision while driving through Utah on tour. Despite suffering a concussion and bruised ribs, she discharged herself from the hospital the following day, refusing to cancel any tour dates.

The main thing that Wynonna has taken away from her numerous trials is a sense of gratitude for her life. "I used to wake up and say, 'Oh, God, it's morning,'" she related. "Now I say, 'Good morning, God.'"

Wynonna was joined later on the show by Naomi Judd, with whom she'll be launching a final tour billed as the Judds in November. The pair have not toured together since 2000's Power To Change tour.

Naomi told Oprah she's proud of her eldest daughter: "I love what Darwin said: 'It's not the strongest or the smartest of us that survive. It's the one that's willing to evolve and adapt,'" she noted. "I always tell her she'll go far."

The Judds have been on Oprah's show an amazing 18 times together, but I think this particular visit might just be their most moving yet.

Are you proud of Wynonna too? Be sure to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment